Welcome to part two on Building Your Opportunities from the Ground Up – by creating the solid goal foundation that will enable you to manifest into reality!
It is exciting to write out your goals and picture what will soon become the reality from your hard work and commitment.
One of the most important tips in this stage is your congruency to your goals…. meaning your whole heart and soul wants this goal deeply and you’re focused and driven to achieve them no matter what.
Easily said, but how do you stay congruent?
How do you transfer the energy from the big goals that MAYBE overwhelming, BIGGER than you’ve achieved previously, MAYBE bigger than your friends and family could comprehend, SO much so that you even might feel a bit scared to get started?
That’s exactly what this Part #2 of Goal Creation and Action Planning is about – you will discover the steps to turn your goals into actionable items and SUCCESS!
1. Look at your goals – now remember, they shouldn’t be tucked in a draw where you might look at them once a week…or month. They should be in front of you EVERYDAY. Don’t forget that! Picture the end goal every time you walked past them, picture them and feel the emotion of your success and achievement.
You will have your long-term goals set and reading them everyday. They are your dreams and desires – now lets get down to the nitty-gritty and extract your actions and plan from these goals.
To best demonstrate, let’s use a hypothetical example of a long term goal and drill down to specific actions relative to the goal.
Relating back to Part #1 we have set a positive affirmation, specific and measurable goal.
“I Steve Partos am a successful entrepreneur and earning an extra $1000 a month from my home business by the 31st of December 2012 through partnership with wellness clients and business partners”
We need to have a general understanding that from this goal my 60 clients will provide a monthly profit of $1000 a month. The questions I will ask my self are
- How many potential wellness clients and/or business partners will I need to present our education to, to create 60 for whom our business and products are a perfect match?
- What actions will I focus on (your support team can help you with what’s realistic/average as a starting point and then you may want to stretch it!)
- Are those actions realistic to my timeframe, time commitment, skill level and mind-set?
There are other questions that will come up, including possibly some doubts or distractions. The bottom line is ‘Action eradicates doubt’ As you go forward into action you will be able to identify your concerns and then focus on self-discovery and reviewing what has worked for others.
Other Factors to Consider –
Is there a specific product or service I need to sell for each client to keep an average turner over?
This will differ from business to business – but it might be obvious that it is a critical point to evaluate for the clarity you’re looking for in setting and achieving your goals. Does your business have multiple products or package suites that offer a different return and a different niche within your industry?
For example, say you need to sell $100 a month of your package/product to one client, so overall $3000 a month in sales to achieve your $500/month income. You now have a better understanding of what you need to focus on from your business product selection, know what you’re passionate about and you will find and attract the contacts for whom it’s perfect for.
What is the average number of connections needed to achieve one client or business partner?
Within different industries and type of business you will have different ‘strike’ rates. A strike rate is the number of “asks”, “leads”, “prospect conversations” to convert into a successful sale.
If you need to talk to twenty-five people on average about your product to achieve one product sale we can now look at the actions derivable to achieve that.
How do you find out what your strike rate is?…. SIMPLE!
- Ask your colleagues, mentors or business partners what they are getting?
- Research – read books, articles or google on your industry.
- And then, practice and action will improve your positive outcomes over time – so, right now you’re just looking for a starting point
Are you talking to someone you know well or someone you’ve just met?
If your contact does not know you at all, the building relationship and trust aspect will have even more impact on your outcomes. Typically someone that knows you will have enough trust to listen to what you have to say… if you are brand new in an area and your friend might not perceive you as an expert, you might even ask your friend to do you a favour in checking something out for you.
What Now? You have the figures, you have the end goal and breaking it down to yearly, monthly and weekly…